Monday, November 30, 2009

Miss me?

Sorry for the lack of posts recently. How was your Thanksgiving? Ours was great. We were on vacation.

Not visiting relatives, but an actual vacation. The first one since Trystan was born. The second since Char was born (though that last one involved a lot of relative-visiting, so it almost doesn't count).

Strange thing to do over Thanksgiving? Maybe. But it was nice :)

My husband and I took the kids to Destin, FL for the week. We stayed "at the beach" (in quotes for reasons I'll explain later). It is not beach season down there--the daily highs ranged from 60-72 the whole week. The place we stayed had an indoor pool, so we could still take the kids swimming. And our room had enough of a kitchen that (along with a few items from home), we could still have a home-cooked Thanksgiving dinner. (More on that adventure later, too)

We played in the sand (70 degrees is perfect sandcastle weather), played at various playgrounds, did a little Christmas shopping, and slept a lot. We also had a little fun on the drive down and back. We broke each way into two days, and made a few side stops.

I will try to post a few snippets of my thoughts from the trip here this week, and maybe photos. Hopefully photos. I'm sure my husband also has a few things to post. He was also writing up observations and a travel log as we went.

No comments: