Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Stress and busy-ness

Trystan has his next surgery on Friday. I think. I took him in last Friday for pre-surgical bloodwork, and was called today saying that one of the numbers was low, so they want to check him out tomorrow to clear him for the surgery. The secretary coudln't explain what the number was or what it meant, and when I called, the actual anesthesiology department nurses were out to lunch, so I don't know what exactly to think. The secretary said that it could be a lab error, as only one number was bad, and Trystan hasn't been sick. We'll see. I hope they don't want to postpone things--I'm supposed to start back to work at the end of next week. There's nothing like last minute uncertainty on top of normal parental anxiety to really put your mind at ease...

With my little "vacation" (ha!) coming to an end, I'm trying to finish a few more things. I finally got ahold of a carpenter this week who not only called me back, but actually showed up at the house to give us a bid for some repair work over our garage door (water is damaging some of the wood, which needs repair and replacement). I had called another place recommended by the guy who was the head general contractor (or whatever his title was) on our house when it was built--but his recommended place never called back--they do exterior siding work, maybe they think this job is too small. Another carpenter has never returned my call. I also am about 500 miles late on an oil change for my car, and need my state safety inspection so I can renew my license plates. I tried to set up an appointment with a Honda dealer last week, but they never called me back--seems to be a theme lately. Hmm...I don't think Jiffy Lube or Valvoline do the safety inspections, but the CarX down the street does...I'll have to check on that.

Continuing the theme of stress and general busy-ness, today has been quite exhausting. So far we've been to St. Louis Bread Co for breakfast (cinnamon bagels), to the playground, to the library, home to start a pot roast in the crock pot and play phone tag with the hospital, and to McD's for lunch and playtime with a friend. We skipped the Magic House, as we didn't finish lunch until nearly 2pm. After getting Charlotte changed (she spilled milk and carmel in the car) and down for a nap, I called and talked to my boss about returning to work. There's a homeowner's association meeting tonight too--don't know if one of us will make it or not, though we need to go--have questions and suggestions for the group. Maybe things will be calmer after I start back at work...

No comments: