Sunday, June 03, 2007

Big boy

Trystan is laying in my lap, wearing one of Charlotte's old sleepers. This week, I've been pulling all of the 0-3 month outfits out of his closet, and replacing them with 3-6 month ones. I think my little guy is around 12 pounds already--I think Charlotte hit 12 pounds around 5-6 months of age.

Anyway, he has plenty of new clothes that will fit him, but I've been enjoying seeing him in some of his sister's clothes. The first one I dressed him from this batch was a cute waffle-weave Gerber sleeper that is white with little blue and yellow turtles all over it. I actually remember the last time Charlotte wore it--around February 2005. She was sick with Roseola one weekend when my in-laws were in town, and they babysat her for that Monday so my husband and I didn't have to take sick days. I came home from work to see her wearing the sleeper, but it was unbuttoned and her feet out of it, because she'd suddenly (overnight, I think) grown too long for it.

Trystan is growing well, and slightly on the chubby side even (his sister was always a little longer and skinneir). He has the cutest smiles, good for him when he wakes at 5:30 in the morning hungry again. His next surgery is scheduled for June 22, and his third (and hopefully final for this series) will be about 6 weeks later. After that, he should have a complete and connected digestive tract, and hopefully won't need more surgeries for several years.

No comments: