Friday, May 25, 2007

Nap time woes

So, it's 2pm and I've finally convinced/coerced/threatened Charlotte into going down for a nap about half an hour ago. I had to actually close her bedroom door for a count of 5. Silly as it sounds, she is terrified of having her bedroom door shut, so that did the trick (plus, a final potty break). This is after reading her a story, snuggling, tucking her in, and then finding her wandering the upstairs sucking on her (non-fluoride) toothpaste container (claimed it was empty...she wanted to brush her teeth and put on jammies). Yikes.

Trystan, on the other hand, is a sleepy kid. I hope it's just normal baby sleepiness, but he really does nap a lot during the day. He's at about hour 3 of the current nap. He slept from 10pm till 6am last night (waking once to eat), then up until 9:15 (always between 9 and 9:30 for the first nap), slept till 10, up and down between 10 and 11:30 as we went to the park to play, then he ate again at 11:30 and was crashed before noon. He'll probably have at least 2 more naps today before bedtime around 10ish again.

Unfortunately for both kids (and me), I'm going to be waking them from their naps early. We're going to go see Shrek at 3 this afternoon, which means I really need to wake the little man to feed and change him (or risk him getting hungry in the car and screaming all the way to the theater seats). Charlotte will have to wake up and potty before we go, too. Seems like a lot of effort for just a movie, but we don't do it often, and there are currently 3 different movies I'd like to see in the theaters--that's more than I've seen in the last 6 (maybe 12) months, so I'm willing to go to the effort so that we can try to go as a family. Speaking of which, I think it's time to start the process...

Happy Memorial Day weekend all!

No comments: