Monday, August 25, 2008

Reading List update

Finished Sizzle and Burn by Jayne Ann Krentz and Death Angel by Linda Howard, both last week sometime. So, add two to my "contemporary romance" tally.

Over the weekend I started Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner, a follow up to her debut novel, Good in Bed, which I read several years ago, shortly after it was published. So far, I'm enjoying it. The only strange thing, which may be deliberate, is that I keep getting confused about the point of view. It's told in 2 first-person POV's--one the mother (Cannie) and one the daughter (Joy). The chapters basically alternate between the two, but each time I get about half a paragraph in before I remember that someone else is talking. Again, it could be deliberate, as their stories are pretty intertwined, and the book has a heavy emphasis on mother-daughter interaction.

I realized the other day that I haven't counted any non-fiction books in my list. I don't read many, normally, but have a small stack on my nightstand. They're reference-type books, the type I wouldn't usually sit and read cover-to-cover. Two of them are about Mesoamerican culture, and they're filled with short sections on things like religion, agriculture, architecture, etc. I'm not really sure how to know when I've "read" one. Ah well, maybe I'll keep this list as strictly fiction.

No comments: