Monday, November 03, 2008

Rise and Shine

It is time for my semi-annual complaint about Daylight Savings Time. It sucks. And it's stupid. You can't really "gain" or "lose" an hour--you just apply a different label to the same part of the day. Really folks, get over yourselves. Go to work earlier (or later) in winter (or is it summer? I can't figure it out...) if you think it will save you money. And quit messing with the rest of us.

Really, fall-back didn't used to be a problem. But I didn't used to have a 1 year old who can't tell time. Even after keeping him up later 3 nights in a row, he was still up at 5:45 this morning (his old "normal" of 6:30-7am was bad enough). And when Trystan's up, he's up. Wiggling and walking around and wanting to take things off the nightstand or go potty (or at least play in the potty).

Blech. Did I mention that I'm grumpy this morning?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

When our kids were that young we just pushed back the bedtime a little at the time. My girl always had the worst of it. So for part of the year she went to bed at 8:30 and the other 7:30, but she still got up about the same time.