Monday, April 09, 2007

First Night Home

Trystan's first night home has been pretty good. We had a relaxing afternoon, and then friends came over with their 2yo son to play with Charlotte after dinner time. Around then, Trystan's ostomy bag (the thing that collects the poop) started leaking, and he was due for a bath, so my husband and I prepared to bathe him and put on a fresh bag. Charlotte and her friend Gavin wanted a bath at the same time, so we had a confusing half an hour of bathing and changing 3 kids (the two big ones in the bathroom, and Trystan in the bathroom sink, which is how we always bathed Charlotte when she was this little), but with 4 parents on hand, it all worked out.

Bedtime went really well. My husband read Charlotte her books (we always give her a choice of which parent does the reading), then I nursed the baby, swaddled him up, and laid him down in the cradle next to our bed. He settled down without any trouble, and slept. In fact, he slept for nearly 5 hours before I finally got him up to eat again. He was occaisionally waking up and sucking on his fists (a sign of hunger), but would fall asleep again on his own. That was around 3am, and he then went right back to sleep and didn't wake up hungry again until 6am. After eating at 6, he (and I) snoozed again until 7ish when my husband was waking up and getting ready for work.

I know it's way too much to ask, but if he does this at least a lot of the time in the coming months, then I'll be in heaven, and basically as well rested as I was when pregnant (actually, I think I was getting up more often to pee a couple of weeks ago).

No comments: