Saturday, July 12, 2008

A First for Trystan

Trystan has been needing a haircut, but his hair is so fine and wispy that I've been putting it off. I think Char was nearly 2 before she needed more than her bangs trimmed (and if she could have kept a barrette in her hair for more than 30 seconds, she wouldn't have needed that). I've debated letting Trystan grow his hair long, but until it grows in a little thicker, it would just look silly. He already nearly has a comb-over with how bald his poor white head looks.

Last Friday we took the kids to The Magic House. There's nothing like a Van de Graaf generator to show off just how long your hair is:


So, Saturday Trystan got his first haircut. I took both kids to a place called Cool Cuts 4 Kids that offers car-shaped seats and DVDs or video games to keep them still. He didn't do so bad:



Unfortunately, I don't actually have a good after photo. They gave us a polaroid in a little cardstock frame with a lock of his hair as a keepsake, but I cannot easily scan their photo at the moment (myriad computer problems that my husband is in the middle of sorting out). Trystan's also sound asleep right now, so you'll have to wait till next time I have time to blog from a computer with access to our photos. He looks very cute, I assure you. And quite a bit older than he did a week ago.

No comments: