Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Beautiful day

White flower petals
driting from the sky
gently, gently
landing on the cold ground
a lacy blanket on the earth

I wrote that poem in the 6th grade on a day just like today. Many people think I'm nuts, but I love this weather. It's about 35 degrees and snowing. There's no ice, no wind, just big, wet snowflakes falling in clumps from the sky. I stood for a while by the window near the entrance to my building just watching. My office has no windows, so it's quite sad to realize that I'm missing out on such a pretty sight. I'd go for a walk, but this building is not in the best neighborhood, and I just don't feel comfortable doing that. Sloshing around the parking lot would not be the same.

If the snow doesn't melt by the time I get home from work, I'm putting Charlotte's boots and snowsuit on, and taking her out to play.

No comments: