2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tsp instant coffee granules
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick, or 2oz by weight) unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 tsp Kahlua
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Oven to 350. Use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to line a sheet pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and instant coffee. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and then the Kahlua.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture until well combined. Add chocolate chips.
- Split the dough in half. Using floured hands, press each half into a 2x13 inch loaf, and place side by side on the sheet pan, allowing a few inches in between.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden and just beginning to crack on top.
- Cool 10 minutes on the pan on a wire rack. Turn the oven down to 325.
- Transfer the cookie-loaves to a cutting board and slice each on the diagonal into ½ inch wide slices. Lay the slices, cut side up, close together back on the baking pan (you can re-use the parchment)
- Bake at 325 about 15 minutes until crisp on both sides. Turn once while baking. Let cool completely.