Wednesday, August 12, 2009

They crack me up

I love it when kids learn humor. 

Char is a bit of a comedian in general, but she hasnt really figured out some of the subtleties of how to put together a joke.  Shes more likely to compose a silly song (Old McDonalds Farm had some drumswith a boom boom here and a bang bang there).  Or pretend to be a sack of groceries (with gestures and facial expression...I think she was hoping to ride in the trunk).

As a family, we frequently break out into Silly Songs (as in Silly Songs with Larrry from the Veggie Tales).  Most recently its been If it doesnt have a tail, its not a monkey, even if it has a monkey kind of shape.  If it doesnt have a tail then its an ape.  Followed by giggles and pointing and calling each other monkeys and apes.  According to Charlotte, were all monkeys because we all have tails. 

This morning, the kids tried telling jokes.

Char:  Knock Knock

Me: Whos there?
Char: Orange

Me: Orange who?

Char:  Orange that no one wants anymore.

I cant help it, I laughed out loud.

Trystan got into the act:

Knock Knock Mommy.

Whos there Trystan?

Daddy!

Then, of course, my husband and I started sharing some of the goofiest jokes we know.

Why did the chicken cross the road?  To get to the other side.

Why did the frog cross the road?  Because he was stapled to the chicken.

Why do ducks have webbed feet?

(Because its a wired world?)

No, to put out forest fires.

Why do elephants have big feet?

To stamp out flaming ducks.

Maybe I should cut back on the brown sugar in their morning oatmeal.

No comments: