Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Reading List Update

Nerds Like it Hot by Vicki Lewis Thompson. This was a freebie from a drawing on Robin Bielman's website. It was amusing in concept. The writing was ok. I don't think I'll be specifically seeking out any more of her books (or at least not in this series), but wouldn't probably turn down a freebie again.





Remember When by Judith McNaught. This was another contemporary romance, though a somewhat outdated contemporary romance (published mid '90's...I must be old as I keep forgetting that it is like 10-15 years old now!). I think I read it back when it was newer, and I was in college. I pulled this one from a pile of my mom's books, and might suspect that it was actually my old copy, but the cover was in too nice of shape. It was still enjoyable the second time around.





A Salty Piece of Land by Jimmy Buffett. If you like a sort of meandering adventure tale set in the tropics, then go ahead. I had trouble connecting with the characters and kept wondering why I should care about what was happening. Complete lack of conflict. I hurried through the last 1/3 of the book just so I could set it aside and feel like it was finished (I really hate leaving books unread. It gnaws at me).





I'm finally starting Assassin's Quest by Robin Hobb. I loved loved loved the first two books in the series, but put off this one for a rather silly reason. It's long (like 900 pages), and I was filling out a "book club contest" thing for the St. Louis County Library--if you read 10 books between March and May you would be entered in a drawing. Actually, it was 10 books or 50 hours, and I'm sure I read way more than 50 hours during those months, but I started marking books first and didn't want to go back and cross everything out. Don't know if I won anything yet, but it amused me to keep track of things.

No comments: