Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy Day

This is my favorite time of day: nap time.

I have declared my birthday as my own personal holiday. To celebrate, the kids and I are taking a day off to enjoy the gorgeous spring weather. We arrived at the zoo a little before 9:00 AM, and left about a quarter to two, just as it was beginning to sprinkle. They are both happily ensconced in their beds, snoozing away.

I didn't take the camera along this morning--I had enough to juggle with two kids, a topsy umbrella stroller, diaper bag, and 5 drinks (we brought 2, and ended up with 3 more with our lunches). As a birthday present to myself, I have ordered a new, much smaller camera. One that ought to be easier to fit in a diaper bag or purse, and that won't have quite so many fancy features and lenses. I'm sure they're very helpful, but I just want to be able to snap a quick photo and then get back to enjoying the world with my eyes instead of a tiny screen :)

In the mean time, here are a couple of photos from this weekend, taken with our older and fancier camera (but by me, which means the photos aren't any fancier):

Charlotte and Trystan showing off their Blues outfits before the game. Trystan wasn't quite awake from his nap yet.

The new family Rock Band. Yes, we bought the same game that several of our friends have. The kids love it, when they're not fighting over the drumsticks. Charlotte is already not bad at singing. We do use the "no fail" option with the kids!

Trystan tries out the real thing. Almost. We have a not-quite-tunable guitar for the kids to play with, though they occasionally get to help Daddy strum his 12-string.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday!