Saturday, June 17, 2006

People I don't even know

Way back when I was first setting up my blog, I first tried creating a profile on MySpace. I quickly decided that the interface sucked, and found a friend's blog here on blogger/blogspot instead. Well, recently one of my sisters showed me her profile on MySpace, and I remembered that they have been continuing to spam me for all this time, so I must still have an account also.

So voila, I am on MySpace. I actually updated my profile to say something useful, and added a picture. I still think the interface sucks, btw. I'm even comfortable with computers, and it's still annoying to figure out how to do what I want to do with it. It doesn't help that I don't have a lot of free time on the computer most days, and when I do, I don't want to spend it clicking on broken links and browsing in circles.

Anyway, another friend told me tonight about finding a couple of old classmates on MySpace, and I decided to waste a little time trying that also. Plus, I'm too exhausted to do much else at the moment, but feel bad going to bed before 9:30 on a Saturday (what a wild life I lead....).

It took a couple of tries to actually get results to return for people from my graduating class. Then, the first two people in the list I don't even recognize. My class had about 200 people, and I knew who most of them were, but I didn't make my 10 year reunion, and I only vaguely keep track of 2 or 3 friends. I may have to pull out a yearbook and see if I can place them. I did find the site of an old, um, flame I guess you'd call him. We never officially dated, just flirted and occaisionally kissed. Boy was that a long time ago. He's now bald and looks a bit heavier than he used to (I suppose I do too, to be fair). It was amusing to see his little collection of photos--there was one towards the end that looked a lot more like the guy I used to know.

I keep trying to search for poeple in all the years that I attended, but I must be asking for the world, since the site keeps choking. Either that or there are a million other bored people online tonight giggling at old bald guys they dated in high school...

No comments: