Friday, October 03, 2008

Book List update

I have finished two more books recently, though I've started at least 3 others. It's a bad sign when I can't get past about the first 30 pages without picking up something else. One of the duds might get finished--it wasn't bad, just not as compelling as other options. I've really slowed down this last month on my reading. Either I'm missing books from my list, or I have only finished 2 books since early September when I last posted. Again, probably due to the partials that I never finished.

Persuasion by Jane Austen. I realized recently that this is the only one of her 6 novels that I never read. Like the rest of them, I enjoyed it immensely. My only dilemma here is whether to call it "historical" romance (as its historical to me, the reader) or contemporary (as it was contemporary to the author, I belive). I'll go with historical. I don't have a separate tally column for "classics" :)

White Lies by Jayne Ann Krentz. Another of her Arcane Society books. I think chronologically it comes before Sizzle and Burn, which I read a couple of weeks ago. Of the two, I like Sizzle and Burn better--the plot moved faster, there was more suspense, etc. This one was almost more "romantic cozy" than "romantic suspense".

General Fiction - 7
Contemporary Romance - 8
Sci Fi/Fantasy - 5
Historical Romance - 5
Women's Lit (Chick Lit) - 3
Total 28 books

Update: No, I didn't write this at 4am this morning. I tried (unsuccessfully, again) to have it publish at 4:40PM this afternoon. doh!

No comments: